Founded in 1980 as a private school, Strathcona Christian Academy (SCA) Elementary follows the Alberta Learning curriculum for Kindergarten to Grade 6, and delivers instruction with a Christian perspective. SCA joined Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) in 1998 and now operates as an Alternative Christian Program under its umbrella. Serving over 575 students each year, the school's teachers are government certified and are committed Christians who support the Academy's mission.
Darlene Janzen/Jaime Peters, Assistant Principals
"...whatever is true ... noble ... right ... pure ... lovely ... admirable ... - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Philippians 4:8
To challenge students through Christ-centered education, to know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord in order to pursue a life of godly character, personal and academic excellence and service to others.
SCA seeks parents and students who:
- Are serious about learning and developing God-given capabilities and talents;
- Actively contribute to the school's Christian atmosphere; and
- Desire that the Christian training be extended into the classroom.
Programs and Services
Alternative Christian Program:
- Alberta curriculum taught through the lens of a Christian worldview
- Bible classes for K-6 students
- Daily bible reading and prayer
- Structured chapel program
- Bible memory program